Monday, August 15, 2016

More Spokane...and a little more Idaho

August 14
We said farewell to Spirit Lake once again and headed to Spokane to bike and hang out with Cory, since we'd be passing through. Back to Beacon Hill - really a pretty exposed for a hot and sunny day (mid-90s!!). I for one was happy to get some heat training in, but sadly it did me in a little sooner than I was hoping for - I took a break just before 3 hours of running and couldn't get myself back out there! I took a dip in the Spokane River instead - much cooler than I expected and just what I needed!
Spokane River

Rudy and Cory got started on their bike ride a little later and had slightly more comfortable conditions - I don't think they enjoyed their post-ride swim as much as I enjoyed mine though. The evening included making some fantastic veggie stir fry and staying up too late just chatting - all good!







August 15
We didn't get too awful late of a start - Rudy treated us to one of his specialties - omelettes! and without much hurry, we were back to Coeur d'Alene and Caribou Ridge about noon. Rudy and Cory planned out a couple biking loops while I checked out the trails on foot. The temps stayed in the 80s and there was a lot more shade here, and little creeks to soak my hat in, and hiking, so I easily made 4 hours feeling fine. Pretty cedar woods and views of pined hills, I only stopped for one picture though.
A nice view from somewhere along Caribou Ride

Post run I found a spot in the little Beauty Creek to get in - hot days make cold water so much nicer!
Beauty Creek indeed

Cory was busy in the evening, but Rudy and I still abused his hospitality, making giant salads and gnocchi for dinner. We are spending way too much money on food! And still have a lot of dried grains and such from home, so going to really start making an effort to use up what we have and buy less new stuff every three days!

No comments:

Post a Comment