Monday, January 23, 2017

Just a little more Prescott...

January 9
So we're sticking around Prescott for a little while...Trevor's brother (and our friend from Duluth) Eric will be here next week, so Rudy is looking forward to getting in some biking with him. This was a rainy day, the guys did some random stuff around the house and with bikes, and I mostly hung out, 'recovering', but did manage to get a little stroll during a break in the weather. We made some delightful shrimp and pasta for dinner, and got to enjoy some homemade turtles Karlene and Trevor brought back from Christmas, pretty delightful! Early to bed, with the big travelers still adjusting to regular life :)

January 10
A nice little run in for me, nothing seems too affected from last week's long runs, and that's always a happy thing. In the afternoon, we went to the Constellation trails again, where the guys biked and I hiked down through the Dells. A cool afternoon made for a fantastic sauna before Rudy created one of his childhood favorites, Chicken a la King for dinner - on biscuits, with honey. After that, a regular old mellow evening.

January 11
A longer run for me - felt pretty good! More bike activities for the guys while I made more biscuits for leftover chicken stuff. We went on separate biking excursions on the North Thumb Butte trails again - pretty fantastic for me - helped to have some sunshine! Following that, Trevor and Rudy went to the bike club meeting - Rudy was recruited to talk to some people on how mountain biking has become so successful in Duluth. I opted out and made a Mexican pizza, which turned out good...yeah, gorging on baking...post meeting, we had some nice chit chat with popcorn before bedtime.

January 12
Overcast, but the rain that was supposed to happen did not! I woke up early and got to do my yoga to the sunrise! Trevor was out on work stuff and errands in the morning. Meanwhile, Rudy did some bike work, I hiked the Thumb Butte loop, and there was plenty of hanging out. Later in the afternoon Trevor and Rudy went out on the local Thursday guys group ride, while I hung out. The guys went out for dinner after with the group and I made lentils and rice for Karlene and myself. Then, just some good old fashioned visiting in the evening.

January 13
Again cool and overcast. I went out on a longish run that went well. The guys spent many hours looking at investment/retirement stuff, followed by shopping for trail building equipment. Post money-spending, I got to make a blueberry pie while the guys got a ride in. Stir fry for dinner, then nothing else too exciting aside from pie consumption.

January 14
Trevor whipped up blueberry pancakes for breakfast - pretty fantastic! All four of us went down to the Black Canyon Trail for some warmer weather and drier trails. There was a little drizzle to start, but it ended up being a beautiful day for 3+ hour 22+ mile ride. After returning to town, we celebrated a little Serbian New Year with borscht, pierogies, and cabbage rolls - I don't think any of us are Serbian, but tradition for Karlene and Trevor that we were happy to oblige with!

January 15
The guys headed to South Mountain in Phoenix for a group ride while I tagged along with Karlene and her friend Michelle for some mellower riding in Cottonwood. We had fun, enjoyed the trails, and had a nice day there - stopped for some pizza and beer afterwards and did a little strolling around in Cottonwood and Jerome, mainly antique shops - glad I joined them! Karlene and I got in a little sauna and cleaned up some leftovers and were already done for the day by the time the guys got back. The Phoenix group was big with lots of socializing, they covered something like 17 miles in 5 hours, and spent a few more hours refueling at some bike themed bar and grill afterwards.

Some green in Arizona January!

January 16
A pretty mellow day, highlights included: a nice little run and stroll before we helped with cleanup for more company. Some bread and yogurt making happened - yeah! guys did some shopping while I got in some yoga. Finally, burritos for dinner - doesn't get old.

January 17
I embarked on probably the last long run for me - went fine - 20 miles, mostly on the Thumb Butte trails. The guys did some random stuff around the house, I think a lot of driveway repair, before Katie and Eric arrived late afternoon. There was lots of visiting and sharing of recent Mexico vacation adventures before we made some fantastic grilled salmon and veggies. The guys and Katie took in a sauna, four is about all that fits in there, so Karlene and I were OK to opt out this one time :)

January 18
Pancakes! The group took a day trip to Sedona for a beautiful sunny day of good biking - the guys did the 'H's and Katie and I did a few mellow hours on some easier and less technical stuff. Back in Prescott, the guys and I got in a sauna, and then burgers!! More visiting....always good.

No comments:

Post a Comment